Argentine Tango is for many a lot more than a dance. It is a subtle communication tool between two partners creating one shared movement. It is poetry in motion on the sound of beautiful songs written in a time and a place where love was all about longing and drama. Finally, it is a social environment where “aficionados” meet several nights a week to lose themselves in the sensation of togetherness, which is so unique to this dance.
We would like to invite you to experience this for an unforgettable weekend when you will immerse yourself in Argentinian Tango.
Saturday 1st and Sunday 2d September, 13.00 – 16.00
Beginners workshop for complete novices, or those who want to refresh a bit there basics before the new term of classes.
Over 6 hours we will go through some of the basic steps and communication principles.
Your teachers will be Elodie Labonne, tango teacher at World Dance Company and Adrianas Danshus, & Michalis Katsariosis, a guest teacher from Greece visiting Göteborg to share his knowledge with our local tango community.
@ World Dance Company, Stigbergstorget 8.
Saturday 1st September
* 20.00 – 21.00: Introduction to Chacarera, Argentinian folk dance.
* From 21.00: Tango night with Tangótica playing live – take your first steps or simply enjoy the concert while watching the tangueros and tangueras of our Göteborg Tango community dance their minds away
* 22.00: Show group and teachers performance:
@World Dance Company, Stigbergstorget 8 (To be confirmed)
Prices (regular / students and unemployed):
Workshops only: 850 SEK / 650 SEK
Tango night only: 200 SEK / 150 SEK
Workshops + tango night: 900 SEK / 700 SEK
Questions and registrations: email@example.com
* No partner required: we learn both roles (leading and following) and rotate regularly during the class
* Wear comfortable clothes and shoes (socks is often the best option to start with)
* Be careful about your hygiene – strong smells can be unpleasant for the others 😉
Se detaljer på Facebook eventet.